Why Join Backpacks for Success!?
- Poverty affects roughly 100,000 children each day in Orange County.
- 78% of low-income students start the school year with no or inadequate school supplies, putting the student and the teacher at a disadvantage from the very first day of school.
- Education officials have stated that there are significant numbers of middle school children that never even make it to high school.
- Children living in poverty should have an equal opportunity in education which begins by first making sure they have the tools that are vital to their success!
- Backpacks for Success! will provide 2,000 students in underserved and disadvantaged Orange County School Districts with fully supplied backpacks from donor businesses and organizations.
- Eligible K-12 students will receive a backpack with: pencils, erasers, colored pencils, crayons, glue sticks, paper, and other grade appropriate items. Backpacks and supplies will be distributed in mid-August!
We Need Your Help!
There are three ways that your business or organization can help support Backpacks for Success!
- Make a tax-deductible financial contribution today and we’ll purchase all the supplies for you! A donation of $20 will supply a child with a fully stocked backpack.
- Hold a School Supplies Drive at your organization! Please keep in mind that all donated school supplies and backpacks should be newly purchased.
- Become a sponsor for the Backpacks for Success! program! Sponsors will get special recognition on our website and on promotional materials.
Backpacks for Success! forms
If you are interested in Backpacks for Success!
sponsorship or volunteer opportunities,
having a backpack drive, or would like more information, please call (714)897-6670
CAPOC – Backpacks for Success!
11870 Monarch Street
Garden Grove, CA 92841
Attn: Planning Department
Tax ID # 95-2452787
Additional Sponsorship Opportunities are available. For more information, please contact Marleen Morrill at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 714-897-6670 ext. 3404.