Why Join Backpacks for Success!?
- Poverty affects roughly 100,000 children each day in Orange County.
- 78% of low-income students start the school year with no or inadequate school supplies, putting the student and the teacher at a disadvantage from the very first day of school.
- Education officials have stated that there are significant numbers of middle school children that never even make it to high school.
- Children living in poverty should have an equal opportunity in education which begins by first making sure they have the tools that are vital to their success!
- Backpacks for Success! will provide 2,000 students in underserved and disadvantaged Orange County School Districts with fully supplied backpacks from donor businesses and organizations.
- Eligible K-12 students will receive a backpack with: pencils, erasers, colored pencils, crayons, glue sticks, paper, and other grade appropriate items. Backpacks and supplies will be distributed in mid-August!
We Need Your Help!
There are three ways that your business or organization can help support Backpacks for Success!
- Make a tax-deductible financial contribution today and we’ll purchase all the supplies for you! A donation of $20 will supply a child with a fully stocked backpack.
- Hold a School Supplies Drive at your organization! Please keep in mind that all donated school supplies and backpacks should be newly purchased.
- Become a sponsor for the Backpacks for Success! program! Sponsors will get special recognition on our website and on promotional materials.
Backpacks for Success! forms